Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ("RCL") is an award-winning global cruise vacation provider. RCL is affiliated with the Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, Pullmantur, and CDF Croisières de France brands. As the world’s second largest cruise company, RCL also partners with SkySea Cruise Line and TUI Cruises through joint ventures. The Pullmantur, CDF, SkySea, and TUI companies are all separate and independently-operated entities with their own management teams. Together, these seven brands operate a combined total of 45 ships with an additional eleven on order. They operate diverse itineraries around the world that call on approximately 490 destinations on all seven continents. Recruiter from sector Hospitality, More than 1000 workers
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is now searching for Commis Cook. Our Commis cooks play an essential role in ensuring each of our guests' meals is an unforgettable experience, by carefully preparing all food items according to our standards and always observing the highest level of sanitation. Previous cooking experience and a passion for the culinary arts make an ideal candidate for this role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Each culinary shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards. This includes a clean uniform, name tag, chef’s hat, apron, hair net for ladies and specified safety shoes and appropriate personal protection equipment.
* Collaborates with the assigned station-head, usually the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef to review the requirements of the day’s meals and time frames for restaurant service. Takes part in ordering and cost controlling food requisitions to avoid over production and unnecessary food wastage. Studies menu to estimate food and time requirements to ensure speed and efficiency. Follows Company recipe to produce consistent results.
* Practices at all times HACCP and onboard sanitation and hygiene standards, in compliance with ship’s international itinerary. Acquires proficiency in regards to
onboard public health control plan to ensure all foods, served and prepared, are safe for consumption. Records food temperature in Blast Chiller log, prepares other required logs. Learn about OPP and practices common procedures to prevent outbreak.
* Works with assigned station team members or all others in a cooperative, productive and effective manner. Provide new employees a positive example and guidance on
daily activities and familiarization of the work place.
* Knows and operates all equipment according to Company’s standard operating procedures. Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of refrigerators, ovens,
broilers, grills, roasters, steam kettles, etc. Tests equipment to ensure accuracy of temperature gauges, heating or cooling elements, etc. Reports to station head all
malfunctions and requests necessary repairs.
* Maintains cleanliness of all utensils and equipment in their assigned section, taking care not to splash water inside the electrical components to prevent damage. Handle carefully all equipment by placing them in the right storage areas and never allowing anything to drop onto the floor while transporting to other location. Report immediately to supervisor any equipment that is out of order or needs to be repaired. Report immediately to supervisor any equipment that is out of order and needs repair.
* Pick up food items from the provision room and deliver food products to certain outlets. Remove empty cartons and boxes in the provision area and bring them to incinerator room. Practice correct garbage separation. Do not use vacuums in feed units in the galley.
* Organize and prepare mis en place. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles. Evaluate foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and determining the correct food temperature by using a calibrated and sanitized thermometer.
* Works in various galley stations that prepare meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods for baking, roasting, broiling, grilling, braising, sautéing, steaming, etc.
* Perform multitask activities such as wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables. Butcher chicken, fish and shellfish. Cut, trim and bone meat prior to cooking or serving.
* Places food items, portions and garnishments in accordance with corporate recipe standard. Ensure all foods on plates are correctly
portioned and served uniformly. While working in front of the house or buffet areas must be able to explain ingredients in the menu and preparation techniques.
* Proof of cook apprenticeship completion or equivalency.
* Minimum 3 - 4 years kitchen experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility.
* Ability to read, interpret and demonstrate the preparation of recipes for all basic meat, fish, sauce and side dishes. The demonstration includes advanced cooking methods such as braise, sauté, broil and grill and the use of a variety of knifes to slice, dice, chop, julienne, etc.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision and able to train members of the team.
* Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to public health standards.
* Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established time frames for the entire food service operation.
* Ability to learn and utilize knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function. Ability to supervise an international team of entry-level cooks and chefs in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work. Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or recommend termination of employment.
* Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
* Computer knowledge is required.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
* Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.
* Ability to speak additional languages such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, French or German preferred.
* Be able to compute basic arithmetic.
***PLEASE KINDLY APPLY TO THIS POSITION ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED: ***
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Bachelor´s Degree
- Years of experience: 3
- Availability for travel: Yes
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 3 October
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract