Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ("RCL") is an award-winning global cruise vacation provider. RCL is affiliated with the Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, Pullmantur, and CDF Croisières de France brands. As the world’s second largest cruise company, RCL also partners with SkySea Cruise Line and TUI Cruises through joint ventures. The Pullmantur, CDF, SkySea, and TUI companies are all separate and independently-operated entities with their own management teams. Together, these seven brands operate a combined total of 45 ships with an additional eleven on order. They operate diverse itineraries around the world that call on approximately 490 destinations on all seven continents. Recruiter from sector Hospitality, More than 1000 workers
- Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees working onboard our ships at sea.
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
The Entertainment Staff – Lighting position is an extension of the Stage Staff team and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of entertainment equipment as well as the daily operations of the entertainment department. The Entertainment Staff – Lighting assists in the operation of all production shows, guest entertainers, musical events, theme night events and offers support to any entertainment request and need of the vessel. The Entertainment Staff – Lighting position is an intermediate position between a Stage Staff and a specialized Operator.
* Minimum of three years’ experience in an audio-visual function to include land based entertainment industry experience.
* Coursework in theatrical lighting design or training as a theatrical master electrician at an accredited college or university or the international equivalent, or equivalent technical experience, preferred.
* Understands the theory of lighting design and how to maintain an intelligent lighting rig.
* Able to operate, troubleshoot and maintain basic audio visual equipment.
* Able to operate, maintain and inspect basic theatrical equipment including stage elements.
* Microsoft Office software skills required.
* Able to operate a basic laptop and projector for presentation use.
* KPI’s assigned to position/department.
* Maintains and operates all audio visual equipment ship wide.
* Works as backstage support staff for production shows, guest entertainers, bands and other events in the theater, lounges, and poolside.
* Responsible for the smooth operation of all events in the theater and presentations ship wide as prescribed by the Cruise Director, Production Manager, and Head Entertainment Operator.
* Ensures all entertainment equipment, stage props, and scenery is in working order.
* Performs all support staff duties or entertainment support around the vessel.
* Exhibits professional presence and positive energy in all situations when dealing with group members, ships management and guests.
* Stays “above the line” and accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability.
* Resolves conflict with fact-based communication.
* Fosters team unity and inspires commitment to Celebrity Cruises.
* Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization.
* Assists in training of all crew, including new hires.
* Knows our brand standards and is accountable for executing against them at all times.
* Ensures crew members are consistently delivering against the standards.
* Guest and crew facing communication are professional, on brand and visually appealing.
* Is a role model for others and serves as a positive ambassador of Celebrity Cruises.
* Brings out the best in others through authenticity, care and humility.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
* Physically able to climb into the stage grid, catwalks and aerial work platform. Able to work at heights exceeding 50 feet.
* Language/Communication skills
* System knowledge
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
***PLEASE KINDLY APPLY TO THIS POSITION ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED: ***
If you are interested in viewing other opportunities, please visit our company website:
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Bachelor´s Degree
- Years of experience: 1
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: Yes
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 3 October
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract